No, not that. In order to do something about the lethargic speed at which this page sometimes loads and scrolls down, I’ve made the following changes to the layout:
- Cut the number of posts per page from 10 to 7 (and may yet cut it further)
- Cut the number of ‘popular posts’ displayed on the sidebar from 7 to 5
- Cut the ‘blogs I read’ feed from all to the 10 most recently updated
- Removed the sitemeter and visitors map
- Cut a number of links from ‘podcasts to which I listen’ and ‘other links’.
So far there has only been a small change in speed, but then I may well have hindered things by uploading three embedded videos into a recent post. Ah well. All suggestions as to how I can speed things up will be welcome.