Let’s see how I did with my predictions and resolutions from this time last year:
- Argentina will win the Football World Cup (controversial…).
- The result of the UK general election will be a hung parliament with the Conservatives the biggest party (not so controversial).
- Absolutely nothing will be done about banking regulation, remuneration or anything else that will prevent global recessions in the future.
(meaning I actually don’t know – to judge this one would be to make another prediction, which I won’t do)
- Tiger Woods will not appear in public at all if he can help it, never mind play in a major golf tournament.
- Cadbury’s will be bought out by Kraft after all.
- The Nobel Peace Prize will not be won by an American liberal, for once.
For 2011, I resolve to make no predictions (except for the one I’m about to make), and predict that I will make no resolutions (except for the one I just made).
Happy New Year!